The Indivisible Garden State Values goals are to:
- Become educated about issues, representatives, and candidates;
- Pressure our representatives to represent Truth and Equality;
- Allow people to be members of a community of neighbors who have similar values; and
- Resist hate, fear, and anti-democratic forces.
We stand Indivisible for the core values of Equality and Truth.
Issues and Values
Equality includes policies that allow all people to thrive, including:
- Fair treatment of all residents, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and nationality
- Access to robust public education through college
- Support for women’s health
- A living minimum wage and other efforts that prioritize workers not corporations
- Regulations that ensure access to healthy food, clean water, and clean air for all, including future generations
- Health care and financial support that protect the livelihood of all
- Efforts to support vulnerable people across the globe
Truth includes policies that support the collection and use of evidence, including:
- Acknowledgement of the importance of honesty in our elected officials and transparency in government
- Support for the scientific consensus on climate change, pollution, and other issues critical to the long-term health of the country and world
- Commitment to collect data on issues including gun safety, the environment, education, and health
Philosophy and Leadership
Although the eight founding members continue to have an active role in facilitating the day-to-day activities and operations of the organization, a critical facet of the group is that every member has ownership of actions, events, operations and the overall direction of advocacy. Membership itself is free.
Facebook users can ask to join our Facebook Group here.
You can also sign up for our email list by sending a message to IndivisibleGSV@gmail.com.
Finally, you can follow our Twitter feed at @IndivisibleGSV.
Members are not required to actively support every issue as described above, and we welcome neighbors from all political parties, religions, ethnicities and backgrounds who are unhappy with the current political climate and want to participate in the democratic process to hold government representatives accountable. All members are united by their defense and pursuit of Truth and Equality.
To expand and increase our activities and to better organize events and streams of information, our group has created a number of task forces to fulfill ongoing activities. Please send an email to IndivisibleGSV@gmail.com if you would like to volunteer. Task forces include, but are not limited to:
- Group Visioning
In charge of day-to-day operations, including group meetings, and adhering to the mission and values
- Media Strategy
Developing and implementing strategies for reaching media outlets
- Outreach Techniques Training
Coordinate training for group members so that we can engage in meaningful discourse with our fellow NJ-7 residents about important issues; consider target audiences for that outreach
- Public Displays
Design, create and/or source yard signs, bumper stickers, buttons, public art, video, information sheets and other displays for public viewing
- NJ Candidate Education <br/ >Identify current candidates at all levels of NJ public office and share their opinions, policies and statements with the membership
All members of Indivisible: Garden State Values are unpaid, and participation in any and all activities is entirely voluntary. The organization is currently weighing application for status as a non-profit organization. Indivisible: Garden State Values does not endorse or directly raise funds for any political candidate or organization at this time.